I loved setting high goals for myself last year. Having those goals out there for everyone to see continually pushed me out of my comfort zone. At times, I felt a little vulnerable, but I grew so much and had a fantastic time doing it. I loved having a whole year because this allows me to make some bigger goals and strive to set habits instead of one-offs. So this year I’m back with new categories and new heights to stretch myself for another stellar year!
1. Become a regular at a local cafe or lunch spot in Marburg, Germany.
2. Be serenaded on the canals in Venice, Italy.
3. Visit the Colosseum in Rome, Italy.
4. Munch on a pretzel or kebab in Munich, Germany.
5. Check out my aunt and uncle’s flat in London.
6. Edit and polish Storm Warning (Book 3 of Herrera Strong series).
7. Write Treacherous Waters (Book 1 of Herrera Strong series).
8. Outline Heat List (Book 2 of Herrera Strong series).
9. Complete publishing process and launch Sketchy Tacos early 2017.
10. Set aside 10 minutes at the beginning of each day in the Bible and prayer (complete after 4 weeks).
11. Set aside special time to pray for friends and family once a week (complete after 4 weeks).
12. Write 12 letters to our World Vision kids.
13. Complete 4 blankets for Covered in Love (partnered with Safe Families for Children).
14. Post to social media 3+ times a week (complete after 3 months).
15. Institute a “Lunch with Friends” or “Breakfast with Friends” in which I respond on social media during my breakfast or lunch hour (complete after 6 weeks).
16. Blog (at least) once a week (complete after 3 consistent months).
17. Rid myself of 100 things to cut down clutter.
18. Do 1 death-defying act.
19. Attend 4 plays/concerts/musicals, etc.
20. Workout for 150 minutes a week (complete after 12 weeks).
21. Complete 4 online courses.
22. Test out 10 different podcast stations.
23. Learn conversational/necessity phrases in German to get by on the streets.
24. Read (or listen to) 100 fiction books.
25. Read 15 non-fiction books.
When do you set goals for yourself? How often do you set them? What are some goals you want to reach before the year’s end? Or in 2017?