Honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:20
As some whose love language is physical touch, I REALLY know how hard it can be to wait for sex and stay pure. But now that I’m married, I also know that it’s totally worth the wait. Here’s a few ways I learned to avoid temptation and make the wait easier.
1. Stay out of bed. Sure it’s a great place for naps, but do you really want to spend time napping with your boyfriend? Or is it just an excuse to get cozy and horizontal?
2. Hands above clothes at all times. Sure the stomach is not a private area, nor are your calves, but when hands are sliding under clothes, they don’t usually stop at just the non-sensitive parts.
3. Avoid being alone for long periods of time. My parents had the rule of no boys in the house without someone else there, but I realize for some of you that’s not realistic. And I really realize that you’re happy to have that alone time, but you need to limit it. Long make-out sessions get hot and heavy just because it’s a long build-up, so be kind to yourselves by not putting yourselves in the path of temptation and frustration.
4. Hands off bikini areas. Even above clothes, these are very sensitive areas and once this starts it’s a slippery slope. You start thinking, if it’s okay above the shirt then it’s okay below the shirt above to the bra and maybe eventually… Cause let’s be honest, it feels good and you’ll want more. So don’t go there in the first place. It’s better to not know what you’re missing.
5. Remember God is watching. I know, a little creepy, right? But it definitely helped me. Any time I wanted to edge a little closer to that line or say, “Well, this a grey area so I could probably…” I remembered God was there even in our intimate moments. I had to ask, is this really what I wanted Him to see?
Now it’s your turn. Can you add to the list? What are some ways you’ve found to combat temptation?
Join in the conversation and enter your name to win a $25 Starbucks gift card! See the Rafflecopter below to participate in the August giveaway.