Hello! And welcome back to Adventures and Victories Week 5! I can’t believe we’re already five weeks into this little experiment on the adventurous mindset. And guess what? It’s working! Looking for the little things in my day and realizing that they’re adventures and victories instead of just little checks off my list has made a huge difference in my attitude and my mood. Have you tried it out yet?
- Adventure: I’m taking a new course: List Surge by Melissa Griffin. Man, this course is kicking my butt! It’s taking a lot of time to implement the suggestions she makes in this course, but I can already see a difference!
- Victory: This week’s post 25 Goals First Quarter Update and the accompanying Rock Your 2017 Goals Workbook was a hit! The post got a third more traffic than normal and the workbook got three times as many downloads! I am so thrilled and I’m super proud of this workbook–it helps users not only set awesome, achievable goals, but it also helps you create a workable plan to rock them! If you missed it, you can download it at the bottom of this post.
- Little Adventure: Have you heard of Click List? Kroger is trying this new pickup method at select stores. You create your cart online the day before you need to pick it up. Then you drive up to the assigned spot and they load the groceries into your car for you. It’s awesome! It takes a little time to build the cart, but I’m getting quicker and I end up saving a lot of money because I can compare the prices of all the items right there on the screen and I don’t pick up five extra things because they look good as I’m walking around. This is definitely a successful adventure and one I recommend if you’ve got a Click List near you.
- Victory: I have accomplished a lot this week without working crazy hours or feeling crazy in general. I’ve been working hard to find a balance, especially after last week. Right now, I think the urgent is still outweighing the important. It’s improved, but I want to continue improving in the coming weeks and months.
- BIG Adventure continued: It’s now less than two months until Sketchy Tacos is released. And guess what? I got my cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn’t it beautiful? I am beyond excited. My cover artist, Mande Matthews, did an incredible job. I think it gives readers a perfect sense of what they’re going to get–a fun, vibrant novel about a teenage artist traveling to Mexico. (If you would like to review Sketchy Tacos on your website, please email me at meg [at] megdgonzalez.com for an electronic Advanced Reader Copy.)
All in all, a great week! What about you? What adventures and victories have you experienced this week? I want to hear from you in the comments!
Download the free "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook!
If you want to create fabulous, accomplishable goals for 2017. Download the FREE, 9-page "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook to revolutionize your year.