It’s been a fun week of breaks and travel. The Monday off for Martin Luther King’s day was wonderful, but it threw my entire week off… Well, that and the 6-hour drive up to Detroit on Tuesday, which leads me to this week’s adventures and victories!
- Fun Adventure: We drove up to Detroit to attend the North American International Auto Show. You should see the crazy displays these car companies set up, it’s pretty incredible. We got to check out the new GMC Acadia, the Chevy Bolt, and of course all the Corvettes we could find 🙂
- Mini Victory: After finishing off one afghan, I plotted a new pattern for the next blanket and began. I’m basing this one off a pattern I found, but I LOVE creating patterns for new and unique afghans.
- Culinary Adventure: While traveling, we tested out a Vietnamese noodle shop. I got a beef noodle bowl that was quite yummy. I have to admit it wasn’t one of my favorite foods, but it was still very good.
- Slow-Moving Victory: Have you heard of the Snowflake Method? I’ve adapted this awesome story-crafting method to create strong, character-driven outlines. I’ve only finished step 2 of the Snowflake Method for book 3 of the International Adventures series, but I’m making steady progress (and I’m hoping next week to be much further).
- Vicarious Adventure: I am currently reading A Blind Spot for Boys by Justina Chen. I’ve loved this writer since I got lost in her novel North of Beautiful years ago. It was incredible, and A Blind Spot for Boys is shaping up to be the same. At the moment, when I open the pages, I’m instantly transported to the ruins of Machu Picchu. It’s a load of fun!
What adventures and victories have you experienced this week? Have you enjoyed the Adventures and Victories segment of this blog? What can I do to make it better?
Download the free "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook!
If you want to create fabulous, accomplishable goals for 2017. Download the FREE, 9-page "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook to revolutionize your year.