My time in Europe is drawing to a close. I’ve loved being here so when I think about it too much, I start to get a little melancholy. So instead, I’ve chosen to think about all the adventures & victories I’m looking forward to at home: home-cooked meals, laundry in my own house, and no longer living out of a suitcase. Even more than that, I can’t wait to see my family, friends, and of course my little pug, Pascal. God has blessed me with a great life, and I get to go back to it. There’s nothing sad about that!
- Adventure: I got to go to Neuschwanstein Castle, otherwise known as Cinderella’s castle. It was set against the background of snowy mountains and it was the most beautiful thing. There will be a full post on it in December!
- Major victory!!! I finished the sentence-level read through of my novel, Storm Warning, and added where needed to hit 75,000 words. It’s super excited!!! I have one final read through to go and then I will sent it off to the agent who requested it. Ahh! I’m thrilled and starting to get a little nervous lol.
- Victory: I repacked my bags a couple times, and finally arraigned them so I could handle them easily while traveling on my own–since *sniffle* Alan and I have now parted for the end of our journey. (He’s off to work outside of Milan, and I’m off to visit my aunt in London.) Wednesday, I managed subways and trains on my own and Friday, I will tackle more subways and the flight.
- Vicarious adventure: This week I read Gathering Shadows, a romantic suspense by Nancy Mehl. Wynter’s younger brother was kidnapped when he was seven years old. A decade later, a picture of a teenager draws her to a small Mennonite town. Warnings, danger, and love ensues 🙂
- Adventure/Victory: I just got the galleys in for Sketchy Tacos. This is the last chance I get to make any changes to the manuscript, so it’s a bit terrifying! And also super exciting because the document they sent me actually looks like a book!!!!
What were your adventures & victories this week? Share in the comments!
Download the free "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook!
If you want to create fabulous, accomplishable goals for 2017. Download the FREE, 9-page "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook to revolutionize your year.