Hi everyone! Can you believe Christmas is tomorrow?! I really can’t. It does not seem real. Maybe because this year we didn’t set up a tree–long story. But I’m looking forward to spending time with family… and my mom’s fudge. Yum! What are you most looking forward to about Christmas this year?
- Ongoing Adventure: I’ve been working on the outline for Sketchy Tacos 2. It’s taking longer than I’d hoped with the holiday craziness, but yesterday, I started getting all 100+ index cards into story form. It felt really good. I’m getting super excited about it!
- Mini-Victory: I survived my last minute Christmas shopping experience. I’ve never been in the last minute Christmas shopping crowd before and it was nuts! With the travel and the crazy schedules we weren’t able to get everything done as early as we like, and I was tasked with picking up our last few presents. Whew. No parking spaces, lines for miles–I’ll have to be better next year 🙂
- Entertainment Adventure: I finally watched Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life this week! On my drive home from the airport, I got two calls saying that it wasn’t great. So I’d procrastinated. But (maybe because of the lowered expectations) I loved it. Have you watched it? What did you think?
- Friend and Exercise Adventure: We had a fabulous friends Christmas party last weekend. Our friends hosted and fixed the most amazing brisket. We ate, laughed, played games, and after most of the party had gone home, we broke out Just Dance 2017. It’s a dance video game. Have you ever played? We had an absolute blast, and it was such a good workout, I’m going to get my own copy!
- Hobby Adventure: I started a brand new afghan this week. It’s gorgeous with shades of teal. Since we were traveling for months, I haven’t had much of a chance to crochet. It’s been great to start up a new project just before a break. I’ll finally have enough time to work on it. So fun! What do you do to relax?
What were your adventures and victories this week? Have a very merry Christmas!