In a month from today, we will all be setting resolutions. These resolutions are based on our dreams, on our passions, on our heart’s desires, but how often do those promises fizzle out and die in the first months. Why is that? Is it because we lose our passions? I think not.
I am determined to find the root cause so nothing will hold me back in 2016 and beyond. Are you ready to wholeheartedly begin pursuing your passions?
Here are a few things that I am passionate about:
- Writing novels. I truly believe that fiction can change the world one life at a time. Fiction has made me see some many things in a new light and helped me to understand other people, my faith, and myself in ways I may never have figured out on my own.
- Crafting and crocheting. The sense of achievement when I’ve created a physical object, something of beauty for my house or my friend is unlike any other. I end up just staring at every little detail with a big grin across my face. It’s awesome!
- This blog. I want to create a cozy spot, a little or big community in which women can come to be refreshed and find community. We all need to feel we are not alone.
- Makeup. I love putting on that finishing stroke and stepping back to see the whole picture. It makes me feel beautiful! And I love it when I can use all the tips and tricks I know to help my friends feel beautiful too.
Besides the blog, I’ve held all these passions since high school or earlier. It’s not like the passions have died, but time and again the actions do. I think it begins with the “wisdom” of the world.
- The market is bad for Christian YA right now. With so few books being published, you don’t stand a chance.
- Crocheting makes you old-fashioned and out of touch. Your crafts will never be recognized or substantial, there are too many crafters out there who are better than you.
- Your blog is one in a million. Why would anyone bother spending their time here? Time is precious and your blog isn’t worth it.
- You will never look like the women on TV, or even the women next to you. Why bother trying?
We are flooded with such messages all day, every day. The problem is when we let those message in to our hearts and minds and begin to believe they are true. When we let the words of the world become the negative words in our head, that is our fatal step.
It’s too easy to think that I can never succeed as a writer or crafter or blogger or Mary Kay consultant when the world constantly tells me so. And if I can’t succeed, why bother trying?
Because if we don’t try, then it’s true: we will never succeed. If we don’t have faith in ourselves, who will?
So I challenge you today to name one thing you are passionate about. Say it out loud. It can be little or small. It can be as loud as a life goal or as quiet as a private hobby. What is it?
Now what is one step you can take today to grow your passion?
More importantly, I am going to believe in myself. I can make this business work. I can help women find the right look that makes them feel like the best version of themselves and I’m going to start with me.
I’ll tackle my goals one at a time, but I’ll tackle the fear and the negativity today. I will not chase “success” because that is always just around the corner, but I will chase happiness, contentment, and peace and I will find them.
I am beautiful. I am bold. I am a business woman. I am fun. I am fierce. I am taking back my life and making it what I want it to be. I have that power and so do you.
What is your one passion? What is your first step? Thinking about the grand picture can be overwhelming, so just focus on that one thing, then the next thing.
Download the free "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook!
If you want to create fabulous, accomplishable goals for 2017. Download the FREE, 9-page "Rock Your 2017 Goals" workbook to revolutionize your year.